I love Mexican Bowls because they are SO fresh! There is nothing better than a meal that satisfies you, and doesn’t leave you feeling bloated or sluggish. The best thing is you can add any of your favourite fresh vegetables to mix up the flavours!
- ¼ cup black beans
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup purple cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup red onion
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 lime
- ½ sweet potato, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coriander, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius. Chop sweet potato and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potato and season.
- Place the sweet potato tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Toss with a spatula and place back in oven for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place chopped lettuce into your salad bowl of choice and top with sweet potatoes, tomatoes, corn, black beans, onion and cabbage.
- Squeeze fresh lime or lemon juice over the salad and season.