I absolutely love making DIY skincare products and this has to be one of my favourite body scrub recipes.
Body scrubs exfoliate dead skin cells and impurities from your skin leaving your skin feeling silky smooth. The base of coconut oil is very nourishing meaning your skin is moisturised as well as gently exfoliated.
The best time to use a body scrub is during a hot bath or shower. Gently massage the mixture onto your skin in circular motions until all your skin is covered. Once applied to your entire body, gently rinse with water. Follow with coconut oil as a moisturiser.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup rose petals
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup jojoba or almond oil
1. Add coconut oil to the jar.
2. Pick fresh rose petals and place into the jar on top of the coconut oil.
3. Add sugar and jojoba/almond oil to the jar and close the lid to allow oils to infuse into the rose petals.
4. Leave for 1-2 hours then mash up the contents of the jar with a spoon.
Enjoy! Have you tried this recipe? Let me know your thoughts below. I’d love to hear from you.