So, you’ve seen all those amazing photos of Acai Smoothie Bowls online but have no idea how to make them? Today I’ll show you how!
What is an Acai Bowl?
Essentially, an acai bowl is similar to a smoothie because it is made in the same way but blended until it’s the consistency of ice-cream. An Acai Bowl is served in a bowl and then topped with all your favourite fruits, seeds and nuts. The consistency of an Acai Bowl should be thick and creamy and eaten with a spoon.
How To Make An Acai Smoothie Bowl
- 2 packs Frozen Acai
- 1 Frozen Banana
- 1 scoop Protein Powder optional
- 1 splash Dairy Free Milk almond, coconut, rice
- 1/4 cup Frozen Berries
- Add all of the ingredients except for the milk into a blender of food processor
- Blend your acai smoothie
- Add liquid very slowly, adding more until desired consistency is reached
- Once your smoothie base is the desired ice cream consistency, simply spoon the mixture into your bowl of choice
- Use a chilled bowl to prevent the smoothie melting too much when you are eating it
- Top with your favourite toppings. See tips below!
TIP: Now it’s time for the fun part. Adding all your favourite toppings.
Be creative. Think fresh fruit, nuts and seeds. You can even do an organic gluten-free granola layer and top with coconut flakes!
Some ideas are: nuts, cacao nibs, a splash of coconut milk, coconut flakes, fresh berries, sliced fresh banana, chopped nuts and chia seeds.
Be sure to post your photos on Instagram and tag @oliviabiancajenkins and #oliviajenkins! I’d love to see your creations.