These special energy balls are the perfect mid-afternoon snack! I can guarantee you they will be a huge hit if you bring them to work or school for others to enjoy. The best bit is they have skin clearing ingredients such as almonds and walnuts which are full of essential fatty acids, and dates which are natural source of Vitamin B5 & pantothenic acid which can repair damage caused by free radicals.
- 20 dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Desiccated coconut & raw cacao powder for rolling
1. Place the almonds and walnuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Place in a bowl and set aside.
2. Blend the dates, coconut oil and cacao until they form a lumpy dough. Add 1-2 tbsp of water if the mixture is too stiff while blending.
3. Remove the mixture from the blender and add to the bowl of blended nuts. Combine the mixture well with a wooden spoon or clean hands.
4. Using a spoon, pat a small amount of the mixture into your hands and roll into a ball. Roll in desiccated coconut or cacao powder before placing on a plate.
5. Store the plate in the fridge.